Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, a couple of days ago I put in a new PSU and GPU in my computer. 
The only thing I think I need to do is figure out how to disable integrated graphics through BIOS.
I have already downloaded the drivers.

I'd expect more performance from this graphics card(RX 480) though I do know my CPU will bottleneck it.)
Thank you for any information you have.
-VentureDev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP consumer PCs will auto disable onboard graphics when you install a discrete graphics card. This is not your problem.

The p7-1017c has a version 7.xx (non-UEFI) BIOS. The 480 was released for sale in 2016 and most likely requires a UEFI BIOS.

The 480 is probably not going to work with your PC.

You need to get an older Legacy BIOS graphics card. But some manufacturers {Sapphire (Link) or MSI} were making some limited AMD graphics cards (one Nvidia 750 by MSI) SKUs that could run on a Legacy or a UEFI BIOS. The Sapphire cards that can run on both BIOS were found in the (X) Series.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP consumer PCs will auto disable onboard graphics when you install a discrete graphics card. This is not your problem.

The p7-1017c has a version 7.xx (non-UEFI) BIOS. The 480 was released for sale in 2016 and most likely requires a UEFI BIOS.

The 480 is probably not going to work with your PC.

You need to get an older Legacy BIOS graphics card. But some manufacturers {Sapphire (Link) or MSI} were making some limited AMD graphics cards (one Nvidia 750 by MSI) SKUs that could run on a Legacy or a UEFI BIOS. The Sapphire cards that can run on both BIOS were found in the (X) Series.

Regards

HP Recommended

Guess that means I'm gonna have to upgrade my motherboard then.

Thank you for the information.

HP Recommended

Hi VentureDev,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.