Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 6610f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm not sure how much more information you will need for this particular software question, so...

I was trying to clean up my system when it was having issues and getting slow.  I tried the many suggestions given like clean up disk, defrag etc and I also wanted to remove all the programs that I never use.  There are 5 programs that I have tried to remove several times over the last few years and each time I get the error message:  "ERROR Product definitation file lost" (I forgot to look up the definition of "definitation")

These programs came with the HP or Windows software that was on my computer, most from the same manufacturer Cyber Deluxe (or something similar) (only thing I didn't write down)

1) Power Director

2) Power 2 Go

3) Photo Now

4) Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe

5) Label Print

There are other programs I have wanted to remove but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they were necessary for the operation of "other" programs.

Any suggestions??

Thank you for your time.

Open mind Pure intent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TY965, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you try using Revo Uninstaller (Free version) to remove the difficult programs.  I have used it for years for this purpose with great success.  I always use the "Advanced" option.  This not only removes the program from the hard drive, but removes all remnants from the Registry, also.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TY965, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you try using Revo Uninstaller (Free version) to remove the difficult programs.  I have used it for years for this purpose with great success.  I always use the "Advanced" option.  This not only removes the program from the hard drive, but removes all remnants from the Registry, also.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Excellent!!  Thank you!!  Quickest reply and fix have ever gotten!!

Open mind Pure intent
HP Recommended

@TY965, you are welcome.  I am glad to help.

I may be an old_geekster, but I am also fast. :Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.