Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
TouchSmart IQ506
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I pulled my old Touchsmart out od storage and am trying to download the latest drivers/software from HP's driver site but the site says "HP is compiling your results. This could take up to 3 minutes, depending on your computer and connection speed. Thank you for your patience.", but it's been over 30 minutes without any results. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@dukenukem

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

To assist you better please provide me with the complete Product Model or the Product Number

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

TouchSmart IQ506

Product #: KQ437AA

HP Recommended

@dukenukem

Thanks for keeping me posted

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

there are no driver or software results from the HP Support Asssitant. I exit out, go to the driver site, and enter my OS type/version (Windows 7 64-bit) then my my serial # for the site to then provide me with a never-ending "HP is compiling your results. This could take up to 3 minutes, depending on your computer and connection speed. Thank you for your patience." - all the while the 4 "spinning squares" indicate that it's at least trying to do something and isn't locked up...

Just for fun I've tried it from different PCs and even entered different OSes - all with the same result. HP's Software and Driver Downloads page just doesn't want to work for my model Touchsmart...

Does anyone have a direct link to the appropriate page for the win 7-64bit drivers/software?

HP Recommended

@dukenukem,

I am responding on behalf of @KrazyToad as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I checked the specifications of your computer and see that the computer is more than 10 years old and there are no drivers available for your computer.

However, I recommend you use the Windows built-in drivers.

Here is how it is done.

1. Search Windows for change device installation, and then click the Change device installation settings Control Panel setting in the list of results.

Device Installation Settings window displays.

2. Select the Yes option, and then click Save Changes.

Example of selecting the Yes option

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, but at best, Windows Update only supports some of the drivers, but  no BIOSes or other model-specific software applications/utilities.

I would hope that the greater HP user community would expect the following if a model is no longer supported:

1. The related downloads (drivers, software, utilities, BIOS, etc.) should be still available on a static page that doesn't require any maintenance or updates - along with a published disclaimer on the related pages stating that HP has ended support development for that particular model.

2. That, such as in this particular case, (whether drivers/software for this model are still in development or not) HP FIXES their broken web page(s) related to this model instead of it being continually non-responsive.

HP has made it clear that they don't endorse 3rd party resources - and warns against them, so they should back up their statement by keeping their invested software development available to users in an "archived/discontinued models" page or site.

HP Recommended

@dukenukem,

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.