Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 3010 Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear friends,

I would only like to know if and how I can "use" Hp Support Assistant in my desktop pc at office, because my desktop pc itself works within a local area network with proxy authentication.

Thanks a lot, Paolo ([Personal Information Removed)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to the HP Support forum !

Yes, you can use it as long as the office PC is from HP brand.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to the HP Support forum !

Yes, you can use it as long as the office PC is from HP brand.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Just a further clarification:

it is irrelevant the fact that I am within a local area network with proxy authentication in order to have Hp Support Assistant working, is it?

Thanks a lot,  Paolo.

HP Recommended

Yes, it is irrelevant because it takes the gobal (IE) default proxy settings to connect to the network.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.