Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Hp Support Assistant and Local Area Network with Proxy Authentication

HP Recommended
HP Pro 3010 Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear friends,

I would only like to know if and how I can "use" Hp Support Assistant in my desktop pc at office, because my desktop pc itself works within a local area network with proxy authentication.

Thanks a lot, Paolo ([Personal Information Removed)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,021 9,918 802 3,894
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to the HP Support forum !

Yes, you can use it as long as the office PC is from HP brand.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,021 9,918 802 3,894
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to the HP Support forum !

Yes, you can use it as long as the office PC is from HP brand.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013

View solution in original post

PaoloMG
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just a further clarification:

it is irrelevant the fact that I am within a local area network with proxy authentication in order to have Hp Support Assistant working, is it?

Thanks a lot,  Paolo.

0 Kudos
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,021 9,918 802 3,894
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it is irrelevant because it takes the gobal (IE) default proxy settings to connect to the network.

PaoloMG
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot again!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation