Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@krzemien wrote:

According to Engadget, HP has now responded:

Thanks for the link.  A very interesting read.  

I note HP's unconvincing response but why is there not an official reply in this thread??????.  They must be reading.

There is also a very pertinent article in Compterworld magazine

computerworld.com hp-stealthily-installs-new-spyware-called-hp-touchpoint-analytics-client

HP Recommended

I have a new HP ENVY - but so far I do not see this service on my computer.

But I found WINDOWS 10 PRO has the worst performance in any computer I have owned. Plus I was scammed by a HP SUPPORT Tech who I allowed to take over my computer because when performance (against my better judgement ) when I do a restart the computer never restarts and keeps turning and turning. I had to force the shutdown. This so called support person from India used "msconfig" and disabled many services - some that stopped my usage of my wireless mouse and I found out yesterday that they disabled my LOJACK processes and comment out from the "Program Files" this person never told what he did -but of course my restart is much faster.

This is the SCAM and I seen it before: he ran a special "Tree" command that came up a result of a major virus on my computer. When I worked at HP I got a call on my home number that my work computer was sending out virus to the HP internal network. It happened to be my last few days with the company because I was WFR'd -- I believed them because I called back the number and they answered they where from Palo Alto HP IT. So they took control of the work laptop, but I did not have anything on it  because as per IT Support before I turn in my laptop to clean it and remove every thing. They ran a "Tree" command and it showed a virus and I was ask to go to the store and purchase a certain software and give them the license key. I told them I will not be doing that because the next day I will turning over my computer for my last day.

I believe now HP SUPPORT people in India are part of the whole scam ---I reran the "tree" command and I see no virus in fact the "tree" command only shows your file system structure. I reported this to HP SUPPORT on my experience and gave them all minus reviews and still to this day I have head nothing from HP SUPPORT for their concern or never reached out to me. With my work computer I gave all of the information with screenshots I took and they where able to find some of the people.

My new computer after I booted it up this morning, everything hangs, my browser, my file system, my word documents, unable to bring up settings fast enough and I was told this computer was fast and wonderful. I do not like Windows 10 because the whole operating system is spyware. The worst performance ever. I am not too happy... 😞

Take Care, DJMOL
HP Recommended
I've deleted it now from the control panel removing the problem.
HP Recommended

thanks... uninstalled!

i think it will be back silenty 🙂

HP Recommended

This discussed program is was running on my PC too.

And yes, in my case, it doesn’t appear to be using too much resources too.

... however, I didn’t ask for it!

@45RPM

"I am surprised there are not more contributions to this thread.  Equally, I have found nothing on this topic on other forum.  Maybe there are only a few users affected; or perhaps people aren’t (like us) concerned."

Yes, that's one question.

Anothewr question would be:

Isn't there any HP-official who want to declare us dummies what's all about this special little spyware on OUR laptops ?

Greetings from a not amused customer.

HP Recommended

BTW -- it also causes three-finger flick gestures to stop working on the Synaptics touch pad - an infuriatingly frequent happening with many upgrades. 

I believe the TouchpointAnalyticsClient was installed as part of a Windows 10 critical update done on 11/18/17.  After removing it, I also had to remote the Synaptics driver and reinstall it to restore the 3-finger flick gesture.

HP Recommended

FWIW uninstall the HP support assistant software
NONE of the spying will stop until someone goes to jail
Fines do not stop it, people complaining does not stop it
We need an angry mob with torches......
Been finding this crap on a bunch of our customers PC's
Liked the auto updating software but do not like anything being installed without notice
ALSO ALL OF OUR CLIENTS HAVE OPTED OUT OF ANY MONITORING!
Shame on you HP, someone's head should roll for this BS

HP Recommended

I have had exactly the same problem recently - my PC was chuntering away to itself, slowing everything else down to a crawl. Task manager showed that HP Touchpoint Analytics Client was the culprit.

The PC is an Acer, not an HP, but I do have an HP printer!

Reading this thread gave me the confidence to uninstall HP Touchpoint Analytics Client via control panel.

This has resolved the issue.

Many thanks everyone!

HP Recommended

I had exactly the same problem and found my usually quick desktop was runn8ing like a brick - Task Manager showed it was the bit of uninvited software that was hogging 95% CPU time. After uninstalling it normal service resumed. 

HP Recommended

Just an FYI
uninstall the HP update software as the touchpoint software may reinstall
Whenever installing any device, just install what you need, always do an advanced install

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.