Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@RNR1995 wrote:

Whenever installing any device, just install what you need, always do an advanced install

Hello RNR1995

Thanks for your input.  However, what you advise is not that easy.  How does the average user know what they need?  For example, I’m buying an external drive for my PC.  I will (1) plug it in (2) install whatever software there is (sometimes we don’t get a choice) and (3) start using it.

Also, what’s an advanced install?  Never heard of that before.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem - running slow with lots of CPU being used by HP Touchpoint Analytics.

I uninstalled using Control Panel.

In the list of programs in Control Panel it showed HP Touchpoint Analytics as being an HP program - however when I right-clicked to actually uninstall it, the pop-up said it was a Microsoft Windows program.

So DELL and other hardware users of Windows 10 beware - MS is coming to stuff your computer soon!!!

HP Recommended

Good Question

The worst thing you can do is plug something in and install all the garbage that the manufacturer has put on the disc
For instance, if you are obtaining an external drive to do your backups to, you need to figure out how you are going to use it first
My experience has proven people will rarely do a manual backup of their data, and if they do that will not last long before they forget or just stop
So if you are using a desktop, you can use the Windows Backup that is built in
If you are using a laptop, you may want to use a storage location on your LAN, and a program that copies your changed files over when you connect
Most modern WiFi routers support a USB drive connected to them
Also search out your answers they are all over
https://www.google.com/search?q=advanced+install&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilifrdn4rYAhUu...
Pictures of an advanced install or custom install
Also I would recommend a Western Digital mechanical drive over all others

thank you

RNR

HP Recommended

After weeks of my computer taking forever to do various tasks, I finally opened the task manager to see what was causing the constant disc spinning.  The disc just never stopped working, making it frustrating to use.  I saw immediately that this program was taking up 30% of the CPU time.  I had to stop several programs, including that one, before I could get it uninstalled.  Thankfully, my computer is much quieter now and is not hanging anymore.  What a difference!  And no, HP, I did NOT willingly install this program.  I'm guessing it installed during one of the regular "HP updates", which are no longer on automatic.

HP Recommended

Same thing. Self installed 11 17 2017.

Found it last night when laptop fan went crazy & cpu load was 60 + & heat was 10C from max. Laptop was crazy hot which I thought was fixed  but its not. End task HPTPAC & it resolved.

Started again tonight so a search brought up this thread.

SHAME ON HP

I uninstalled it  but was not given awindow to remove the system from the HPTPAC web portal utility...WTH?

So will this reinstall? Not sure where it came in but was not listed under windows updates....

I do have HP support assistant but its set to check for updates but let me choose to download & install updates!!!!!! WTH????

HP Recommended

I just discovered this using 99% CPU, causing another program to take a long time to load up. I thought i'd introduced spyware on my laptop so got an anti-spyware, as I'd introduced a possible nuisancy toolbar thing to my browser, then I noticed it wasn't just my browsing, something was on my PC! but it was very likely this all along that was causing my screen to freeze, and videos I'm watching - DVD or online - to freeze for long periods of time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.