Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 25L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I can't change the rgb on my Hyperx memorysticks, it stays on the rainbow. I have had this problem for half a year now and it is really irritating that everything on my pc matches perfectly except for my memory sticks. I have tried updating the omen gaming hub, reinstalling it and updating Windows.  I hope someone can help me fix this.

Greetings,

DarikErrorError

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey, I have looked trough them all but nothing worked for me. I think i am doing something wrong or it just does not work for me. Either way, i'm going to wait for an update from omen. Thanks for the help.

Greetings,

Darik

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The image that you posted shows the text:

Unfortunately, we've had to temporarily disable the HyperX memory lighting function.
Please know that we are working on a fix, and will have an update as soon as possible.

What does this mean?

HP Recommended

First of all, thank you for your awnser. I know that it says they will have an update as soon as possible but i couldn't find anyone with the same problem on the internet. I started thinking it was a problem with my pc or maybe I could change a few things in the files to fix it for now. 

HP Recommended

If I do a Google-search for all the words in the first sentence that you posted, there are several "hits", including this one: Solved: HyperX Fury Lights wont go off - Page 2 - HP Support Community - 7646524

which seems to be the same as your issue.

Also, please take a look at those other "hits" from that search.

HP Recommended

Hey, I have looked trough them all but nothing worked for me. I think i am doing something wrong or it just does not work for me. Either way, i'm going to wait for an update from omen. Thanks for the help.

Greetings,

Darik

HP Recommended

It's not just you. Its thousands of cutomers having the same issue including me I know for alot of people the lighting was one of the key factors on buying this computer, However HP is not fixing the issue, I do believe we should be reimbursed for this defect. I have been building my own comps for the last 20-30 years and decided I wanted to take a break of that as I dont have the time with work etc .  WOW I'm sorry that I bought and didnt just build my own... Call it false advertisement or what ever you like but for me its poor customer service and reliability on HP products

HP Recommended

I got in live chat with H.P. Support for a while, I wont bore you with the entire conversation but this is what information I received in the end:     

The Bios update will be coming soon to fix the Hyper -X issue on Omen gaming hub. We will have to wait with little patience.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Have a blessed day ahead!!
Sincerely,
HP Premium Support Team.
I wasnt weak or timid when speaking to them and I wanted answers.... So I guess now is just a waiting game, They do know of the issue. Good Luck and I hope they stand buy their products
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.