Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion all in one 27

Sorry to ask such a basic question but my brand new all in one pc has programme installation dates back to November 2019 and March 2020 is this normal?

I asked an expert mate of mine and he says no, take it back to the store it must have been opened and used and returned, but the store says this is normal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
can you tell  more!
what programs exactly?
The hp pc have a preinstalled windows version, I think that may explain this!
If the computer has already been opened / used, this should be checked when you open the box!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
can you tell  more!
what programs exactly?
The hp pc have a preinstalled windows version, I think that may explain this!
If the computer has already been opened / used, this should be checked when you open the box!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Mikeyw 

Your "expert" friend is apparently unaware of two issues regarding OEM PCs.

First, OEMs create their own custom images of Windows to load onto their PCs, and in doing this, they test existing Windows versions for MONTHS before creating those images.  So an image that is on a PC today could very well have started out 6-9 months ago, and will have file dates reflecting that.

Second, OEMs tend to say away from the most current Windows release because there are ALWAYS issues with those, and they don't want to pass those along to their customers.  So, the next most recent Windows 10 release is 19.09 -- September of 2019.  So, 2019 dates are to be expected to be there -- which they are.

You can check your Windows 10 version by typing "winver" (without the quotes) into the search area and reading what then shows on the screen.  I would expect it to say Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, the first installation date is for Microsoft 365 on 18th November 2019, the next dates are for Nvidia corporation on 3rd april 2020 and Realtek bluetooth drive, then on 23rd April there are more installations of HP Documentation, Intel Management engine components and Jogos de Wild tangent.

There are a few more dated 23rd April and then everything else is dated on 17th August which was the day the store opened the box and set it up for me. Does this help? Thanks for your reply.

HP Recommended

Hello
this may sound odd, but it's probably normal
As I mentioned it is because of the preinstallation I think.
It's not like you're only installing windows, there are programs and drivers added
But ask your dealer!
Another thing that you might find curious
sometimes the start date of the warranty, does not correspond to the purchase, it is because of the exit from the factory, the pc being considered as sold once it arrives in a shop, if I have understood correctly
You just have to ask hp to correct!

What is the exact model of this computer?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.