Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Sometimes I get the impression from these computer gaming companies that one needs to borrow a room-sized Main Frame from Amazon.com to run their game programs.  They also assume we're all versed in their tech-heavy vernacular. I am referring to X-Plane specifically, but even Microsoft's Flight Simulator X requires substantial computer capabilities in order to load and run their products. My issues with the Flight Simulator X program are fairly simple (I gave up on the X-Plane effort..):

1. The cockpit displays have Oval Shaped Instruments

2. The program downgrades terrain quality and other images, and when you select high-resolution of these features, the display will truncate the movement of the aircraft.  

My HP Desktop computer and 21" ONN Monitor have all the bits and such listed in the minimums listed on the game disk packaging. 

Microsoft ceased supporting both Windows 7 OS and FSX. ('Figures. I found this out after paying 100 bucks for their tech support subscription.)

All I need to know is how to round out the FSX flight instrument displays, and whether I need to upgrade RAM/BAM Thank You Ma'am in order to improve the FSX performance.  I am NOT Bill Gates, so if someone does have a suggestion to help with these issues, please be gentle with your verbiage. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You could maybe tell us what model of PC you have or the specs of the PC. Even if we are Experts, we do not have a kind of higher vision or a sixth sense which lets us know what kind of machine you are manipulating.

Here is how to find it:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

Let us know,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.