Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 " touchscreen laptop model 17-by4095cl
Microsoft Windows 11

I purchased a HP 17.3" Touchscreen Laptop Model 17-by4095cl and when the supplied Power Adapter was plugged in to charge and complete the WINDOWS 11 Update, an error message popped up, "Incompatible Power Source Detected. Your computer will run in reduced performance mode and may not charge. Use of the original power adapter is recommended." Well, I'm not sure how I can use an incompatible power source when I am using the provided adapter and power cord. HP sent a replacement, but it did not fix the problem. I returned the laptop to place of purchase and ordered a replacement. Now the second laptop has the exact same problem. This laptop will be going back in tomorrow as well. Not sure but suspect the power distribution board or motherboard has an issue. I am not going to contact HP with this problem again since they could not remedy this issue in the past. Anyone else have this problem??? I bought my HP Laptop from COSTCO.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
we can not know where the error came from, the problem here ..
Since you have the same problem with two different laptops
I advise you to request the refund from your seller, and to buy something else

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@RDofWA

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing INCOMPATIBLE Power Adapter Source detected error with the HP Touchscreen Laptop.

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 
  • Try with an alternate power outlet and check if it works.

If the issue persists then it could be a hardware issue on the HP Notebook.

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for all warranty service options.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

HP ENVY x360 - 15-cp0100nd

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem

Ref your recommendations

@ Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.

The problem started for the first time immediately at te first boot after update to the latest BIOS F.49 Rev.A 17 jun. 2021. There is no newer version available on the driver page of the HP support site.

@ Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 

Both have been updated and are up to date.

@ Try with an alternate power outlet and check if it works.

Same problem with alternate power outlet, where it is the only device plugged in.

I am convinced that the problem is caused by a bug in the BIOS version F.49, since it started imediately after updating to this version. The original HP power adapter is still working fine and is tested okay by both HP Hardware Diagnostics Windows and UEFI, latest version. I will wait until a next BIOS version. Hopefully that will solve the problem. In the mean time I will just click the message away after each boot and after each sleep.

@ HP Technical Support team in my region regarding the service/replacement options.

The Laptop is out of warranty. I can only get paid support. Of course, I do not want to pay for solving a bug in a BIOS update. There is no use repairing or replacing something that is not defective as confirmed after testing with HP Hardware Diagnostics. I can live with the false message.

HP Recommended

Hi@WouterJ1

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. It seems like hardware related issue.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.