Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All in one 24-xa1007ag
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On boot and after sleep or hibernate the clock is always 7 hours fast. Have checked all settings. If we sysn time then is correct to uk time. Not a battery issue, it's exactly 7 hours, minutes are correct. Time zone aet to GB. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

To clarify, after boot windows clock reads 22.42 go to settings "set time automatically" is on. Set it off then on again and time resets to 15.42 (which is the correct time). Clock remains correct until sleep or power down and it happens again. Minutes are always correct even after a power down. Bios clock is also 7 hours fast but if I reset it then it reverts after windows updates clock. Time zone settings are all set correctly. I am an experienced IT consultant so have check the obvious but baffled on this one!

HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I don't know for sure.

Any BIOS updates available for the PC?

I would replace the MB battery for the heck of it.

This would reset CMOS.

The RTC can't keep the correct time.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.