cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Installing drivers for Windows 10 on Hp20b013w

HP Recommended
Pavilion 20 b013w all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and my drivers need updating of course. I have no internet and no network adapters available. I have been able to get the drivers I need for everything and able to transfer to computer but when I try to install a driver I for one am not sure which is the best to choose because there are so many listed. My main issue is that it also says timed out every time I try to install a driver. I did successfully install one for my card reader but now they time out every time. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 12
7,692 7,654 330 692
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-20-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/5295901/model/...

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-20-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/52...

The suggestion is that it has a Ralink 5390 Wi-Fi card with no W10 drivers.

There are sites offering the driver, but trust is an issue.

Perhaps an external Wi-Fi on a USB format;

https://www.argos.co.uk/search/usb-wifi-stick/

will give a good result.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I know. I went to HP site first and found that out unfortunately. My main issue now though is that even if I have drivers to install, I can't. It says "windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error this operation returned because the timeout period expired" every time. I keep trying. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
7,692 7,654 330 692
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Well I would try....

Compat Mode.png

and then buy an external dongle.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you mean checking compatibility or going back some years?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok I'm seeing now that I may actually have the drivers up-to-date but the device status says windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56) and I have nothing under network connections. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation