Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-040na w3d62eahabu
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have a new HP Omen 870-040na  product no w3d62eahabu and am trying to use it to download images from my portable hard drive into the Pictures folder.  However I keep getting an error message saying that there is insufficient disk space for the images I am copying.   I am not an expert in computers but had thought that this computer had 2tb of storage.  Why then do I get a message like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey!

Thank you for getting back to me. I absolutely understand! Buying new products, getting to know them, personalizing them and fiddling with them can be a lot of fun, but sometimes it can be frustrating. 

It seems that the C:/ drive was set for much smaller files. Without being able to see it physically, I assume that your Operating System, Recovery Manager and other system files are stored to your 256GB drive or C:/ drive. 

I would suggest to use the 2TB D:/ drive to put all of your pictures and personal files on as it is bigger and that can be designated for you :). Although it seems confusing, it really is a good thing! 

I would like to provide you with your OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-040na User Guides and Manuals. That way if you want to read about your product, the option is there for you. 

I hope that this helps! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Forums @Calotype!

I read your post and will do my absolute best to help with your OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-040na giving you a Low Disk Space message. 

Have you tried: 

• Emptying the Recycle Bin?
  • Deleting temporary files and directories?
  • Removing unwanted programs?
  • Adjusting System Restore settings?

If not, here is a document called Resolving Low Disk Space Errors that will help you perform each of those steps. 

Have you checked to see if there is enough hard drive space available? If not, this method provides details of the hard drive(s) of the OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-040na using My Computer.

1. Click Start and then click My Computer.

2. Select Local Disk (C:).

3. View the Local Disk (C:) information under Details in the left column.

Please follow the steps above and take a screenshot of the details window. 

I looked at your OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-040na (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications at the hard drive information. I found that it said: 

Hard Drive 1

256 GB Solid State

• Size: 256 GB

• Interface: SATA

• Type: Solid State

• Width: 2.5 in (6.35 cm)

Hard Drive 2

2 TB

• Size: 2 TB

• Interface: SATA

• Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM 

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting, screenshot requested, and any other information that you think would be helpful. 

I hope this helps! 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
Thank you for your kind help but this a brand new just out of the box pc. I have not yet begun to use it so nothing in recycle bin and no programs yet installed. My very first task was to backup my photos from my portable hard drive to the My Pictures folder that comes with the system. Perhaps I should rather copy them onto my D drive as this seems to be where most of the memory is. Unfortunately I know nothing about computers and just assumed I could start using it without having to fiddle about with different drives. I am very confused as to why the C drive only has 256 and yet the D has 2TB. Regards
HP Recommended

Hey!

Thank you for getting back to me. I absolutely understand! Buying new products, getting to know them, personalizing them and fiddling with them can be a lot of fun, but sometimes it can be frustrating. 

It seems that the C:/ drive was set for much smaller files. Without being able to see it physically, I assume that your Operating System, Recovery Manager and other system files are stored to your 256GB drive or C:/ drive. 

I would suggest to use the 2TB D:/ drive to put all of your pictures and personal files on as it is bigger and that can be designated for you :). Although it seems confusing, it really is a good thing! 

I would like to provide you with your OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-040na User Guides and Manuals. That way if you want to read about your product, the option is there for you. 

I hope that this helps! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.