Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-12-2023 05:33 PM
My Integrated camera on my HP ENVY 32 AiO has stopped working. It is no longer in the device manager, and I can't even run a camera test in the hardware and diagnostics part of the HP support center. This all happened after an update through windows update (I believe it was a BIOS update). I tried to do a system restore to roll back to a previous version from a week ago but it failed. How can I get my camera working again?
02-27-2023 03:18 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting camera issues on your computer, I am glad to assist you.
Update the Bios, chipset, and drivers using HP Support Assistant.
Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here
- HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also, ensure Windows is up to date.
- Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
03-14-2023 10:01 PM
According to the hp support assistant app I am fully up to date. Windows update shows a single item as "pending download" but if I try to download the file, nothing happens. The download button doesn't work. Have tried restarting multiple times as well.
03-16-2023 04:26 AM
This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue, I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.
Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community