Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP elite one desktop

Hello,

Please could someone tell me what to do in simple language as I am not good with computers. My keyboard started flashing an the battery icon. I was not sure where to find the battery case and still cant find it. The problem now is tgat I ca not get onto my computer ay all . The screen is fine, but the keyboatd obviously has a flat battery but how do I find it and replace it? Thank you so much in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Annben

I got your PM but, sorry to say, I have not been able to find any information about a battery for the keyboard.  The Maintenance Guide for that model only lists one battery -- the RTC battery in the main unit, and that is for the motherboard, not the keyboard.

I have a similar unit and search as I can, I can not find any way to change a battery in that keyboard, either.

I have two suggestions.

First, if the PC is still under the original one-year warranty, then get in touch with HP Customer Support and talk to them about either servicing the keyboard or getting it replaced.  If the keyboard dies and there is no way either to replace the battery or recharge it, that would make it defective and you should be able to get it replaced.  (More info on Contacts below)

Second, in the meantime, since this PC has USB ports in the back or bottom, go out and purchase a USB keyboard.  I've seen them locally for $10 USD, so we're not talking a major investment.  That will give you a way to use the PC until you get the keyboard issue sorted out.

----------------------------- HP Customer Support info  ----------------------------

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Annben

Sorry, can't answer your question because there are a bunch of different models, some of them being 800s, others being 1000s.

Please provide the detailed model number so we can look up information for you.

Thans

HP Recommended

@Annben

I got your PM but, sorry to say, I have not been able to find any information about a battery for the keyboard.  The Maintenance Guide for that model only lists one battery -- the RTC battery in the main unit, and that is for the motherboard, not the keyboard.

I have a similar unit and search as I can, I can not find any way to change a battery in that keyboard, either.

I have two suggestions.

First, if the PC is still under the original one-year warranty, then get in touch with HP Customer Support and talk to them about either servicing the keyboard or getting it replaced.  If the keyboard dies and there is no way either to replace the battery or recharge it, that would make it defective and you should be able to get it replaced.  (More info on Contacts below)

Second, in the meantime, since this PC has USB ports in the back or bottom, go out and purchase a USB keyboard.  I've seen them locally for $10 USD, so we're not talking a major investment.  That will give you a way to use the PC until you get the keyboard issue sorted out.

----------------------------- HP Customer Support info  ----------------------------

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Tha k you so much  Mr. Wood for your really helpful reply. That is so good of you , I am really grateful. Thank you so much for sending such a detailed reply, it has really heped me.  SIincerely, Ann ben

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.