Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I recently got a new pc. I'm not sure what exact model it is but it is the Hp Pavilion Gaming model with the ryzen 7 3700x and the rtx 2060. I have recently noticed that the keyboard starts ¨clicking¨ on things by itself. I have ran multiple virus scans with the built in virus program (MC Afee Live Safe). They have always showed up negative, they say that I dont have any viruses. I also factory reset the computer but the problem didn't dissapear. 

I've also figured out that it writes things that I've recently wrote on the keyboard. It almost everytime writes the things I last wrote on the game skribble.io.

I've read that it might be something wrong with the drivers in the keyboard but when I try to download the new ones it says that I already have the latest drivers.

Do you know how I can fix this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

no PC told

can we assume it is a desktop to same forum, and not a laptop

can I assume the Keyboard is wired USB or is  the classic dead batteries in any wireless keyboard failing.

keyboards do not self time wired, only stuck keys do that USB.

keyboards wireless love to do that, due to battery almost dead, makes it go LOGICALLY nuts. ( login only works with near full power called spec,)  The battery weak keyboard works just  like a TV remote clicker battery weak (Chaos)

test the keyboard on one more PC#2 yet?   see if it fails on 1 more PC?

but self typing , for me using older data I types is not a good sign. (batteries in it good) smacks of key loggers. not good that.

If I saw that the the wifi (disabled)/ethernet cable pulled fast, until fixed. root kits and such , fear.... fear is good when valid.

other tricks.

test KBD on 2nd PC
try any USB wired keyboard made on this bad PC.

if not wired keyboard now is time to say that first and good luck😀

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

power on

and hammer ESC

then go to F2 main HP BIOS menu see INFO see your real  model of PC and product ID#

When the Startup menu appears, press F2 to enter System Diagnostics.

• System Information: Shows information such as hardware installed and BIOS version.
  • Start-up Test: A quick, high level test of the system.
  • Run-In Test: A stress test to verify stability of system components.
  • Hard Disk Test: Test the hard drive for problems. First it will run a quick test and then a SMART test. This test will take approximately two hours to finish.
HP Recommended

But I've factory reset the whole PC. I have heard that it also can be a driver problem. 

It takes around an hour before it starts writing by itself.

So if it is a key logger. What does that mean? Do i have to buy a whole new hard drive 

HP Recommended

no keyboard told yet ,  I can not guess them. so sorry.🤔

HP Recommended

Clean the keyboard, you will find good videos on youtube on how to do this safely. Sometimes there can be chocolate or sugar or sticky things under the keys that melt with the heat as the device heats up causing sticking keys.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.