Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 27-P010XT AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot find my AIO computer (Envy  27-P010XT) anywhere on HP's list of computers to be patched against Meltdown and Spectre.  The closest I can find is for 27-b0xx AIO which has a patch ready for download but I am afraid to play with the bios without certainty that this is the correct one.  I fear that HP has left out my computer from their patch program.  What do I do now?  Support won't let me even ask the question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

At last I can happily report that the necessary BIOS update showed up on my computer's support page - although the update is dated Feb 20, it only showed up in the last week sometime and I downloaded and installed it today without issue.  Thanks to all who finally made this happen.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@bryash,

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that your HP Envy 27-P010XT AIO is not listed against Meltdown and Spectre, This means that your computer is not at the potential risk.

Feel free to get back for any technical queries.

Have a great.

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you Raj, but that cannot be, as you would know if you checked the specs of YOUR product.  The computer contains (and this is taken directly from your packing list which came with the computer) 6th Generation Intel® Core ™ i7-6700T quad-core processor [2.8GHz, 8MB Shared Cache] P1B56AV.  Everything I have read about Meltdown and Spectre indicates this chip is at risk so if I am right that the patching list does not contain my computer, then HP has forgotten it.

Please check carefully and advise when the patch will be available and, if the computer is already on the patch list, what it is called so that I can identify it.

HP Recommended

@bryash,

Thank you for posting (or replying to my post) on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Raj, it is over a week since your post advising that I should expect a private message from HP enquiring about my computer details so they could address my issue.  I have heard nothing from anyone yet.  How long?

HP Recommended

@bryash

Keep checking this list. HP Spectre and Meltdown Bulletin  I see a similar series with the same mobo but updates haven't been posted.  I'll ask HP to escalate your particular model and get it on the list.

Your particular model might be included under the 24 AOI with the Bulldozer mobo which is on the list but there isn't an update available at this time.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thank you Big_Dave.  One further small question: I have downloaded but NOT installed Microsoft KB4090007 Intel Microcode Update for Windows x64 systems but I am not clear whether this is essentially the same as the update HP is preparing or whether it should be installed as well as HP's update (and if so in what order) or whether it should not be installed at all.  Thank you for your advice.

HP Recommended

@bryash

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Regards

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@bryash

You might give the HP Support Assistant a try and see if any updates are found.

The Meltdown/Spectre BIOS update wasn't on the list for my laptop yet I picked up a BIOS update. Sometimes HPSA will pickup updates that are not posted on the support server and vice versa.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks Big_Dave but no luck.  It isn't there but JeffHelp contacted me with a private message and we are in contact.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.