Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new HP computer will not let me log in. It keeps asking for a pin (Idon''t think I ever set up a pin) and it will not recognize my password which I know is right and it willnot let me change the password.  I don't even want a password on my computer - can I stop that completely?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kismet4

You can force the computer to work without the benefit of a password.

You do need to be able to log into the system to make that sort of change.

Those of us on the community who are not HP employees cannot provide password bypass information.  

You have a few options to regain login control.

Options include and may not be limited to:

Option - Contact HP Technical Support, open a case, ask for help

Reminders

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information here).
  • In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
  • Chat is not available in every region.

In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• USA / Canada: HPprovides your regional contact information after you submit an online case.  Use the serial number of the device to submit the case to HP.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support - Regions

USA / Canada

1. Submit information / case online: HP Customer Support
  2. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Contact HP Tech Support on your Browser

Open Browser to HP Technical Support

Select Contact Support or Business Support

• Follow the prompts.

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

Option:  HP Agent Response on the Community Site

The following applies to HP agent response on our community:

• An HP agent will always post back here before contacting you privately.
  • Agents are identified by the "HP" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar.
  • HP Moderators are identified by the "Mod" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar

Option - Reset Microsoft login and / or Contact Microsoft Support

If you are using a Microsoft Account as a login, you can reset the password.

Microsoft Account – Password Reset

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Option - Take computer to an Authorized / Licensed Microsoft Technician

Take the computer, along with your proof of ownership to a licensed Microsoft technician who can break the security and log you into the computer.  (The technicain can also show you how to bypass using a password in the future.)

Option - Reset the Computer

Run a Windows 10 Reset on the system that essentially reloads the operating system, and, if you opt to have your personal information removed, sets the computer back to "how it was".

HP PCs - Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)

Because you cannot log into Windows, select option:

Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.