Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have the software Omen Control(That was installed for this exact purpose) installed not HP omen control and it allows me to to change my lighting on the front of my desktop except the problem is that it is not working at all and it just set to cycling even though I changed it in the software to be off.  How can I set my lighting on the front of my HP omen desktop to off if the software is not working?

I have now deleted the software as it was useless and am now now trying to download hp omen control software not the one that was installed beforehand and it isn't letting me and keeps on giving me the notice The code excution cannot proceed because SynCom.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.  And have since then redownloaded and is sitll giving me this notice.

Also is there a way to download this software shown here because I think this may be the solution but I cannot find a way to download it-https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05238081

This last one DOES NOT WORK it is telling me that it cannot find syncom.dll sll so PLEASE any help that can get this to work sucessfully is greatly appreiated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

ACtually it is fixed now looks like it restarted as it was downloading to fix the error message but it works now. I found the solution a couple of links in your second link.

HP Recommended

Okay seriously it fixed it but now a windows update later and all of the sudden the app is not doing anything.

Please tell me how I can install syncom.dll. Or make the app work and turn off the lighting please! And I want a direct answer none of this other users have also submitted a request you are not the only one. I did all of that! I went to everybody else who has the issue and it is just a massive dead end!

The omen control app works just fine as is,  you can do everything it is supposed to except change the lighting on the actual system which is what it is supposed to do!

Please tell me how I can install syncom.dll so that the app will work! because it says error cannot find syncom.dll so that the HP omen control app works or how to make the omen control app to work because it isn't as of right now.

HP Recommended

What Windows 10 release you're on?

It would transpire from other's responses that this problem goes away once you're upgraded to Creators Update (1703). I remain on Anniversary Update (1607) as I was not prompted to upgrade just yet. And  I have exactly the same problem, it remains unresolved, case remains open with HP, I suspect Win-HP incompatibility of some sort etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.