Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Funnily enough, I just recalled that HP Assistant was patchy in April - and struggled to choose correct BIOS version for my PC.

You can read about it in this thread:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/BIOS-Update/td-p/5977696

Because of that I just checked the content of /SWSETUP folder on my PC (that's where these packages are downloaded) and there we are:

BIOS.PNG

It does look like there is newer version of this BIOS (v1.06) available for your PC.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79501-80000/sp79543.html

Word of caution here: If that's correct version and whether it should be installed on your PC - it's best to check with HP.

HP Recommended

Regards to the BIOS, as you suggest best to contact HP. That is the main problem how to contact them, their Support page has no way in doing this. After filling in their Contact Form there is no Send available other than Further Suggestion of a few topics, none relating too or resemble to my needs. If you are able to contact them, indeed you are most fortunate. If possible can you contact HP and enquire as to how the OMEN light control can be permanently disconnected. The software does allow an OFF but even selecting it manually at each startup, no longer works. Surely HP can at least inform us, as to how it can be achieved, say a registry entry or deletion. Thanks weeman.

HP Recommended

Thank you krzemien,

I have been facing this issue for a week then finally I have fixed it.

My configuration :

HP 870-200nt, HP Omen gaming desktop PC

Purchase Date : June 21, 2017

Windows 10 Home Single Language (Turkish) 64 bit, ver : 1703 and below : 15063.608

Sistem Board : 830C 1.04

BIOS : F.11

Fully W10 and HP updated

What I did to fix :

1. I just followed your instructions about "HP RECOVERY MANAGER", I found the new driver for Omen Control sw, older driver was 1.0.4. and now it's 1.1.1.

2. I installed the newer driver and I rebooted PC

Many thanks again.

HP Recommended

Well, I am still searching for a permanent solution to this problem. Unable to find or obtain suggested update to software. Any suggestions or indeed a solution will be most appreciated. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Above suggestion with software 1.1.1.2.1. definetly not the solution in my case. Version 4.0.100 appears to be the current issue, requires much manual setting at each boot up butat least selection remains until shut down or wall power switched socket is not turned off. Again periodically the software requires to be reinstalled, not ideal but best mean time. It is two years since this computer has been on the market and HP remains to this day, completely silent or has failed in  giving a new software.

HP Recommended

Any solution would be most appreciated. Weeman.

HP Recommended

Still searching for solution on LED light control not working or able to set up to one colour or off.

HP Recommended

Bump -- any further information ?!

HP Recommended

I stiil requires to click icon to refer to one colour at eah boot up of the computer. In other words no solution as to saving setting of one colour or indeed to off. HP still have not solved or can I contact them about this error. At present stuck with this computer, never again HP will never again get my custom.

HP Recommended

@weeman

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.