Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I click the icon to open the command center it launches and only shows a black rectangle on the screen about 1 x 2 inches and nothing more. System has all of the latest HP and Win10 updates.

Running 

Win10 Version 10.0.17763.529  Build 17763

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@jkomar here's what you need to do:

Click here to download the latest OMEN Command Center to resolve this issue.

If the issue persists, Click here to find and install the omen controller, bios and chipset drivers.

The only other thing to do, is recover the original application from the recovery manager: Click here for instructions to retain the original Omen controller.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No the solution did not work. 

A HP agent connected with my computer and worked on it for the better part of 2 hours; installing and uninstalling software and drivers and updating and rolling back BIOS. The agent could not fix the issue and told me he needed time to figure it out and would call me back on Monday which he never did.

So maybe it was some other Monday he was referring to and in the interim the command center does not work. 

HP Recommended

@jkomar I'm not sure why the agent didn't callback, however, the steps I suggested have helped others resolve similar issues, since the steps haven't helped your concern, I suggest you create a new user account (admin) and check if that works, with the installation of the Omen Command Center from the link I shared, if that doesn't work either, please uninstall the existing version and then, try installing the version available on the Microsoft store by clicking here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not working, Both the tech and myself already did that step and retrieved the software via Microsoft store. 

I do not have an answer and the tech has not called back 

HP Recommended

@jkomar the only thing left to do is to create a backup of all your personal data and perform a system reset to get the original application back on your device: Click here for details.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is that a GUARANTEED Fix or another guess

HP Recommended

@jkomar Troubleshooting isn't based on "guess", I'm sure it feels that way and I'd be angry about it too, if I didn't know that the steps being suggested to you have helped resolve the same issue others have had in the past, but rest assured there's no guess involved and because technology is unpredictable at times there's no "Guarantee" either, all we can do, is TRY, TRY & TRY, until we succeed. 

I'm here to help, if this doesn't work, we can try something else until we fix it, if you aren't comfortable with these steps, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.