Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The on/off switch on my HP Pavillon Slimline s5000 series tower is.... I'm pretty sure broken.

Can not turn it on, tried all the suggestions, pulled out power supply, waited 10 sec., etc.

Everything, including changing a battery inside the tower.  But....this is why I am pretty sure

it's the on/off switch on its top.....When I pull out the power cord, and plug it back in, the green light in the back of the tower goes on, and the screen lights up, but it shuts immediately.  AS SOON AS I PRESS THE ON/OFF SWITCH, the green light goes out and nothing happens.  I'm sure it's not the mother board cause we were able to access info from the computer on our phones, it's just the ON/OFF switch.  Somewhere I read there was a reset button on the back, which does what the on/off switch does, however, I can't find it on this tower.  So, I'm good at things, how do I change this on/off switch?

Thank you

Aggie

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
that could very well be power supply!
I don't understand this remark:
"I'm sure it's not the mother board cause we were able to access info from the computer on our phones,"
How, what did you do to access something from the pc, if it cannot start ??
For the button, it may not be easy to test, but it would just be enough to try to start the pc, without using it!
Just for example, make no mistake but it should be possible as shown here:
http://support.antec.com/support/solutions/articles/1000046605-how-to-test-the-power-button

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2011-jumping-a-motherboard-without-power-switch-button

maybe it would be better to go to a professional who will eventually be able try a new power supply

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Slimline s5000 series

PN#: BM413AA3ABA

HP Recommended

Motherboard Specifications, H-Apricot-RS780L-uATX (Apricot)

I do not know if that can help you, but for me impossible to guide you more, not enough detail

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

You can try HP help l

No Power or No Boot Troubleshooting

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-slimline-s5600-desktop-pc-series/4269980/model/4295...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.