Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion s5550z Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Recently my computer's on screen keyboard has been typing 2 of the same  letters with one key stoke. this only happens when set to click on each letter ,which I use a lot       Example: "mm aa bb". I've tried all that I could think of,and appreciate any suggestions or help.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Marlene70

Performing a windows factory reset will reinstall original software drivers, However, if its a software related issue the system recovery will fix the issue.  If its a hardware related issue, you can ship the unit in for repair. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Marlene70
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try these steps -

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your computer.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click
“Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was wondering if that also applies on an  HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop s5550z? Thank you so much for taking the time to help!

HP Recommended

@Marlene70

To get the answer to this question, Yes! you can use these steps for all kind of windows desktop and laptop computers.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry to bother you again, but by doing that (resetting my computers defaults back to factory settings, how would that fix the on screen keyboard problem? Would it easier to try setting the ease of acess keyboard settings differently?

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Marlene70

Performing a windows factory reset will reinstall original software drivers, However, if its a software related issue the system recovery will fix the issue.  If its a hardware related issue, you can ship the unit in for repair. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.