Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520 e all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had to reinstall printer after a Total Recovery of PC. Now the printer display of APPs is different and now includes new ones but am MISSING  what I used to use which (as I recall) was an app that opened a screen to set up a print job:

NEW ONES:

'Scan to eMail' 

'Get More' with an arrow pointing down which does NOT respond to touch

'Manage'

When I want to just PRINT something the selections are ONLY BASIC paper sizes with no ADVANCED OPTIONS. 

I tried the 'reset to default' for the printer display/apps/printer but nothng changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, I did that several times...total uninstall....total unplug from router....AC...printer.  I am rather savvy with all this stuff but the display stayed the same when reinstalled.

HOWEVER.... if I go into WORD I CAN function from there with all the advanced options and that's all I really am concerned about for now. So the books will get printed and on time!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for trying to help me through the glitch and I don't consider it a problem anymore as long as I can function in WORD where it counts the most.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Emeline419, welcome to the forum.

Here is the full featured Software and Drivers for the printer for Win 10.

I have a 7520 e and am using it with two different HP computers, one laptop and one desktop, without any problems.  The software I provided should solve your problem.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I had already tried the Software and Driver updates to no avail BUT did try again just now. The printer states it is totally up to date but my APPS DISPLAY is not that same as it was before I had to reinstall the printer.

I cannot (NOW) print except with the most BASIC functions and paper sizes... before the reinstall I had been printing a book using A5 paper size and being able to show different paper being used but have totally lost any ADVANCED OPTIONS for printing.

When I go into the APPs online to see what is available... nothing there would be signifcant to assist me.

I just don't get why the DISPLAY of apps is different now and wonder if there is ANY way to get it back to what I THOUGHT was 'original' before the reinstall of the printer.

I sure hope somebody can help... I have more of these books to print.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Emeline419.

If it were me, I would completely uninstall the printer; including all of the software and driver.  It appears that a glitch has occurred during the install.  All of the options and apps should be in the full feature Software and Driver link that I provided for you.

HP Recommended

Well, I did that several times...total uninstall....total unplug from router....AC...printer.  I am rather savvy with all this stuff but the display stayed the same when reinstalled.

HOWEVER.... if I go into WORD I CAN function from there with all the advanced options and that's all I really am concerned about for now. So the books will get printed and on time!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for trying to help me through the glitch and I don't consider it a problem anymore as long as I can function in WORD where it counts the most.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Emeline419.  If you are able to accomplish what you need to, that is what counts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.