Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion gaming desktop tg01 0023w

So I bought my first gaming pc installed 16gb of ddr4 ram 3200mhz but it’s not running at full speed instead it’s running at 2133mhz how do I overclock my ram correctly to 3200mhz I already tried going into the bios but there’s no option for xmp or to find how to change ram speed and I also tried Ryzen master but my pc wouldn’t boot back up so I had to take out the battery and let it sit out for 10 seconds and put it back in then I was good but now I’m jus curious as to how I properly can overclock my ram

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Doomiel --  installed 16gb of ddr4 ram 3200 Mhz 

You are not the first person on this discussion forum to have this issue -- the RAM that you purchased is not 100% compatible with the RAM that HP supplied when you bought the computer. So, the motherboard chooses to run the RAM at a slower speed.  Search within this forum, to find the other similar threads.

What manufacturer and model-number of RAM did you purchase?

If you remove that RAM, and reconnect the original RAM, does that RAM run at 3200 ?

HP Recommended

I haven’t tried putting in the original stick of ram to see if it runs at 3200mhz, I’ll try that right now, but I purchased Corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x8gb 16gb 3200mhz for my ram at Best Buy 

HP Recommended

(Update)  -  I put in my original 8gb stick of ram by hp and checked the speed and it runs at a full 3200mhz 

HP Recommended

@Doomiel -- From the HP Warehouse web-site:

https://partsurfer.hp.com/WSearch.aspx?Wchar=Y&searchText=Tg01+0023w

I see that the factory-installed RAM is:  934254-800 Memory - GNRC RAM UDIMM 8G DDR4 1.2V 2666

Unfortunately, I also see "N/A" -- meaning Not Available for purchase from HP through this web-site.

Can you find a stick of this RAM?

HP Recommended

@Doomiel -- I purchased Corsair vengeance rgb pro (2x8gb) 16gb 3200mhz at Best Buy.

Specifications:

- Memory Series: VENGEANCE RGB PRO
- Memory Type: DDR4
- Memory Size: 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB)
- Tested Latency: 16-18-18-36
- Tested Voltage: 1.35V
- Tested Speed: 3200MHz
- LED Lighting: RGB
- Single Zone / Multi-Zone Lighting: Individually Addressable
- SPD Latency: 15-15-15-36
- SPD Speed: 2133MHz
- SPD Voltage: 1.2V
- Speed Rating: PC4-25600 (3200MHz)
- Compatibility: Intel 100 Series,Intel 200 Series,Intel 300 Series,Intel 400 Series,Intel X299,AMD 300 Series,AMD 400 Series,AMD X570
- Heat Spreader: Anodized Aluminum
- Package Memory Format: DIMM
- Performance Profile: XMP 2.0
- Package Memory Pin: 288

The interesting specification is: SPD Speed: 2133MHz

So, the RAM must be over-clocked to achieve 3200 MHz.

From: https://www.memorystock.com/memory/HewlettPackardPavilionGamingTG010023w.html

The HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0023w Computer takes the DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz Non-ECC DIMM memory type,
and comes installed with 8GB memory.

How much memory does the HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0023w Computer take?
You can upgrade your HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0023w Computer to up to a maximum memory capacity of 32GB Memory.

How many total memory slots to install memory?
The Computer has 2 Slots to install memory, already with 8 GB standard memory installed.

I did a Google-search for "934254-800", and found several vendors that sell this RAM (it matches the original 8 GB stick).

So, buy one, and install it, to upgrade from the original 8 GB of RAM to 16 GB of RAM.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.