Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Just loaded windows 10 onto a computer I just bought with a new (never used ) HDD and tried to get an AMD graphics card going and discovered there are not any PCI drivers installed. I have a HP Compaq Elite 8200 SFF that I did the same with but I could find a PCI driver for that, I think it was sp69506.exe that did it. I can not remember but have tried a few that were on the 8200 and the sp69506 will not load onto the 8300, it says the 8300 "does not meet the minimum requirements".

Any suggestions where I could find the correct drivers would be appreciated. From memory and my recent searches there are no drivers for this computer running windows 10 but I am pretty sure I loaded drivers for previous windows but can not remember if it was windows 7 or 8.

Have a feeling it might be sp69506.exe, tried copying the drivers from my 8200 but this one would not load but do not know if I have missed another driver hiding somewhere, it was quite a while ago I got the 8200 going, but I do remember it was quite frustrating finding the right one then as well.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Go to the device manager.

Click on the PCI serial port needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran sp67118.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp67118.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Or, you can download and unzip the driver file I attached below...

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the exact name of the device you need the driver for?

If it is a PCI serial port and/or PCI Simple Communications Controller, you need this driver for it.  Manually install the driver if the auto install doesn't work.

This package contains the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT), including the Active Client Manager Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI) device driver, and the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for the supported desktop models and operating systems.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67118.exe

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried this download already then tried again and it does not fix the problem. I have got ride of one error for PCI Simple communications controller, might have been when I already tried this one can not remember now as have downloaded quite a few but still have PCI Serial Port saying 

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver

When I try to update it can not find one, I have tried manually to get it to see this download but can only get to downloads and not the individual downloads to click on sp67118.

When I run sp67118 it seems to work, after extracting the files the "cmd" thingy box ( hope I am not getting to technical! " briefly flashes up but no where near enough time to see what it says then it goes back to the display, not saying if it was successful or not.

I had trouble last time with the 8200 but this 8300 is being particularly stubborn, I just keep downloading best guess stuff to see if it will work, fluked getting ride of the PCI Simple communications controller problem, thought I was on a winning streak but the wind has been knocked out of me.

Do not know what to try now, any other suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran sp67118.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp67118.

Or, you can download and unzip the driver file I attached below...

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

HP Recommended

Hello,

You beauty, worked like a charm. I did not think about going directly to the C drive, that one I hope I remember for the future. Been ages since I mucked around with computers, I learnt to program in hexadecimal during my apprenticeship so not up with the new programing and bit more complex hardware layout but I am liking that, hopefully will get a bit more adventurous with the software side as well.

That was so simple what you just suggested, I believe it's " THUMBS UP TO YOU ".

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.