Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 all in one 23P110C
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, weird thing started when printing photos--only prints picture image up to 1 1/4" from edges and middle is white with no image.  There's no problems with printing anything else.  Called Epson and they determined driver installed correctly so must be desktop issue.   Thoughts?  Valerhy

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Valerhy 

I have a couple of different Epson printers and have not run into anything like this.

My guess is that it is due to settings in the app you are using to view the photos -- which is resizing the image and somehow, preventing it from printing.

If the settings are not the issue, then you would need to hunt online for a different photo viewing and printing app to see if that will print properly.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Restored computer to an earlier date and photo printing issue resolved.   Was apparently related to a computer update.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Valerhy 

Great -- glad to see you got it sorted!

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I'm experiencing the same issue using my HP Officejet Pro 6830. I've checked my printer preferences on my Windows printing settings before printing each photo, as well as checking the printer device settings using the control panel to have the proper paper size and quality selected before printing. However, each time the image is not printed fully - the print will start at the top edge of the photo paper, but will cut off a portion of the image, and leave a few inches of white space towards the bottom edge of the photo paper. 

Any suggestions or tips? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.