Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP550-154na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I haven't played a DVD before on my desktop. The default media player is Films and TV but when I put the DVD into the drive it asks me to agree to using Cyberlink Power Media Player, and to agree terms and conditions. Is this the right thing to do? Don't really understand what I'm supposed to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

As long as you don't have to pay for it, I would agree to the terms.  It should be free.  You are just accepting the license agreements.

W10 does not have built in DVD playing capability, so HP bundles the Cyberlink DVD playing software with your PC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

As long as you don't have to pay for it, I would agree to the terms.  It should be free.  You are just accepting the license agreements.

W10 does not have built in DVD playing capability, so HP bundles the Cyberlink DVD playing software with your PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks you very much for responding and for letting me know this. I found it really difficult to find out by googling. 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.