Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6 - 2160 ea
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I can not print my google sheets, I press print, get the Print Settings page, press next and it opens a window to down load as a pdf. If I print a Google Doc it opens the preview window , I click on the printer and it opens the destination  window. which includes down load as a PDF, this window is missing when I try to print a Google Sheet. I discussed this problem with Google Drive support and they told me that the problem is with my HP software. This problem only started 3 weeks ago. I can print Google sheets by using cloud print from my ipad. I would appreciate help to solve this problem.

Manx-Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Manx-Ed, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What model printer do you use?

Check if you have selected your printer as default printer.

1. Click the Windows icon (), click Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window opens.

2. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as default printer. A checkmark () displays next to your HP product.

3. Try to Print. Make sure the right printer is selected in the print preview before you print.

If this does not help, reinstall HP Full-featured drivers

1. In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  2.  Select your HP Printer 
  3.  Select Uninstall 
  4.  In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  5.  In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
  6.  Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
  7.  Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
  8.  Click on the “Drivers” tab 
  9.  Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  10.  Select Ok 
  11.  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  12.  Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Manx-Ed, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What model printer do you use?

Check if you have selected your printer as default printer.

1. Click the Windows icon (), click Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window opens.

2. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as default printer. A checkmark () displays next to your HP product.

3. Try to Print. Make sure the right printer is selected in the print preview before you print.

If this does not help, reinstall HP Full-featured drivers

1. In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  2.  Select your HP Printer 
  3.  Select Uninstall 
  4.  In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  5.  In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
  6.  Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
  7.  Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
  8.  Click on the “Drivers” tab 
  9.  Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  10.  Select Ok 
  11.  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  12.  Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many Thanks for your Help

I have now discovered that the problem was not with HP.

Before posting the problem with the community I had been been in contact with Google Drive personnel, they went through everything with me and finally told me they thought the problem was with HP

I had installed the latest version of Google Chrome, I then went through all the various settings, in advanced and discovered that under SITE SETTINGS, the PDF default is set as DOWNLOAD PDF files, obviously they go to the CDrive.

I switched the PDF download off, and my system now allows me to print google sheets. Strange that with the PDF download not switched off it did not save google docs as a PDF and allowed them to be printed.

Strange that the Google Drive Team did not suggest that all I needed to do was switch off the PDF button

Many thanks for you interest Regards Manx-Ed 

Many thanks for your help  

HP Recommended

@Manx-Ed

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.