Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Power Desktop 580 - 1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Latest development in a deteriorating situation is that icon to HP support assistant is no longer working on my computer.  Fortunately able to get in touch directly via the internet.

Would have preferred to leave an email message or have chat with support to facilitate their remote control of computer to assess situation.  

Here is the background...……..

I have the interest of "Computer Active" magazine who Editor concerning my issues with a W10 upgrade and the programme Forza Horizon 4.

FH4 is refusing to load beyound the start up splash screen and Tech support at Microsoft have had four unsuccessful remote control sessions on my Pavilion computer to try and resolve this.

I noticed in each session the technician focussed on the graphic card and if its dirvers were up to date - they were! I contacted HP support a month or so ago about FH4 pausing for fractions of a second and then moving on (stalling?)  HP checked my system out by remote control and advised that the problem needed to be referred to Microsoft.   Microsoft Tech support resolved this issue by remote control.

Often this problem would be associated if FH4 was played for more than an hour and I suspected there might be a buffer problem.  On the last remote control check by Microsoft they covered the temporary storage sections and found this was OK.

There were consecutive case numbers dealing with Forza Horizon 4 failing to open the latest being SRX 1475452143 ID

I have subseequently found that shortcuts Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 were not working yet live chat was not available to resolve this issue.

Here is their response to date stating they would deal with the matter as soon as possible• Case #: [removed]
• Created on: Monday, June 24, 2019
• Description: Office Professional Plus 2016 not working after Windows upgrade

In the days before W10 a clean reinstall of a program would often resolve problems but this has not happened with either FH4 or Office Professional.

I have had problems even in saving this note as Notepad message as I should have logged on to my Pavilion computer automatically as an administrator. 

Even although I changed the attibutes of the Document file from read only I did not have authority to "save as" even although I created copies of renamed files.  This Document file with "new" in the title was created in one of the remote control sessions with Microsoft.

Ended up creating a new text document on the desktop screen.

Sadly I am now beginning to hate my new HP computer and fortunately I have my old desktop fully working with office and email facilities that are my prime need.

Hopefully this note to my record (or I will be able to link to it if all else fails)

Will try to get a remote control session with HP that will assure Computer Active my HP Computer is working well or offer recommendatons to put things right.

PS last restore point when Forza and system working is not available to me as only have before and after a W10 major upgrade or reinstallation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Final update in accepting the above solution:-

The 72.9Gb of Forza Horizon 4 took the morning and most of the afternoon to download at 20mbs and would take even longer for those with slower connections.   The procedure to try and save a copy of FH4 capable of transfer to a different computer seems quite difficult unless you are a very experienced computer user.

It would have been much more convenient if like Office Professional Plus the software had been available on or transferable easily to a USB stick before installation  (100 gb USB sticks are not too expensive even in the retail market)

The good news is that after a frightening pause of the splash screen FH4 was installed and then optimised to medium settings.

Test run was very smooth and controller seemed more responsive and visuals are great.   Some micro pauses but these are perhaps due to moving between data sections rather than my computer or temporary overload.

My Pavilion Power Desktop 580 -1xx has only one USB socket at the front of the computer and the plug from my official Microsoft Xbox controller did not fit securely so stability was ensured by blue tack.  This creates delays in changing devices.

I have invested in an Anker USB powered hub to have connections that avoid searching for sockets at the back of the computer!   Perhaps I will be able to retire the blue-tack!

Once again thanks to all at the HP team for all the restoration work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING HELP FROM HP SERVICE SUPPORT EMEA
Their technician spent many hours on remote control trying to diagnose and resolve the various problems.
He seemed disappointed that at the end of the day it was necessary to recommend a reset and reinstallation of W10.
The good news is that I am ending the day with W10 reinstalled,  Four email accounts working satisfactorily.  Office Professional Plus 2016  64 bit that was on USB reinstalled and working.
X Box console is showing the programmes that are in my ownership and Solitaire is definitely working -  it will take courage to try Forza Horizon 4 again!
The HP technician has kindly sent me an email setting out the actions taken to try and resolve the various issues

MANY MANY THANKS FOR HIS TIME AN PATIENCE.  I AM HEARING IMPAIRED AND HE HAD TO REPEAT SLOWLY SOME OF THE MORE COMPLEX INSTRUCTIONS.

The investigation and actions taken by HP support may be helpful to others:-

-> Checked the OS version: 1903 ( latest one )
-> Checked the BIOS version: F.42 ( latest one ) 
-> Every driver was updated to the latest version
-> Start menu was irresponsive 
-> HPSA (HP Support Assistant) was irresponsive
-> Forza Horizon 4 was irresponsive ( it started the loader, but it didn't launch the game )
-> Office 365 is irresponsive
-> Un-installed HPSA -> Re-installed HPSA -> Still irresponsive
-> Uninstalled unwanted softwares, also the original Office 365. The pro version, installed is still not responding. 
-> Tried to open it from CMD -> Irresponsive
-> Restarted the unit -> Issue still the same, start menu is working
-> Tried to update the Forza Horizon game -> Remained irresponsive 
-> Made a new user on the unit -> HPSA and Office was still irresponsive, couldn't try the game
-> Started sfc /scannow -> Scan finished -> no errors found
-> Tried every solution from this forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10/outlook-2016-will-not-...
-> Office still irresponsive
-> Followed this guide: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst132753_-ANSWERED--Forza-Horizon-4-wont-launch--PC.as... -> No go
-> Followed every option here: https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/9joiwp/horizon_4_wont_launch/ -> No go
-> Followed these steps for the Forza game: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/forza-horizon-4-crash-on-pc-solved/ -> No solution
-> Started system reset

HP Recommended

Final update in accepting the above solution:-

The 72.9Gb of Forza Horizon 4 took the morning and most of the afternoon to download at 20mbs and would take even longer for those with slower connections.   The procedure to try and save a copy of FH4 capable of transfer to a different computer seems quite difficult unless you are a very experienced computer user.

It would have been much more convenient if like Office Professional Plus the software had been available on or transferable easily to a USB stick before installation  (100 gb USB sticks are not too expensive even in the retail market)

The good news is that after a frightening pause of the splash screen FH4 was installed and then optimised to medium settings.

Test run was very smooth and controller seemed more responsive and visuals are great.   Some micro pauses but these are perhaps due to moving between data sections rather than my computer or temporary overload.

My Pavilion Power Desktop 580 -1xx has only one USB socket at the front of the computer and the plug from my official Microsoft Xbox controller did not fit securely so stability was ensured by blue tack.  This creates delays in changing devices.

I have invested in an Anker USB powered hub to have connections that avoid searching for sockets at the back of the computer!   Perhaps I will be able to retire the blue-tack!

Once again thanks to all at the HP team for all the restoration work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.