Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t Desktop PC

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 10197 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7570, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 911 GB (828 GB Free); 😧 19 GB (2 GB Free);
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2AD5
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Paul,

I was told that I could install Photoshop Pro on a 2nd computer (laptop) at no charge and I already have the URL to download

and install it from but when I try to download it, it will ask me for the serial number of the program before it allows me to download and install it.  The only thing I have and ever received when I ordered or that came with the computer was the Order Confirmation number. The Order Confirmation lists all the items that were bundled with the computer but the only thing it says about the photo edititing software is as followss:  "Adobe Priemiere & Photoshop Elements 10"

Getting serial number for the Photo Shop Pro software that came bundle with my computer? This program was never registered with Photoshop when received or later as far as that goes.  Any thoughts on how I can provide the serial number for the Photo Shop Pro that came with the computer or any idea we could try. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks, @shu-hi

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed holiday season too!

I found that Gimp photo editing software last month.  It would do anything I would ever need it to do.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if a free utility such as Belarc Advisor will be able to provide the Photoshop product key installed on your desktop.

https://www.belarc.com/en/products_belarc_advisor

HP Recommended

Never had much luck with Belcore - But hears the deal - I never edit video files and the only things I do with photos is to resize them if necessary and to make the background transparent, so I decided I would just download a photo editing piece of software called Gimp (it's an open source but compatible with Windows 10) and is free but has very good reviews. In the top 10 free photo editing software available it was #1.  I have watched several YouTub video tutorials on it and it is pretty powerfull and does what I need easily.  So I really don't need anything with tons of bells-and-whistles and being retired and since I am on Social Security money is a major deal - and FREE is right-up-my-alley (old saying, you probably are to young to have heard it). Anyway, nice talking with you again. Hope you have a Blessed Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas and an even better New Year!!!

HP Recommended

@shu-hi

Photoshop Pro and Photoshop Elements are very different versions of Photoshop.

If your license is for the latter, it can not be used to install the former.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks, @shu-hi

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed holiday season too!

I found that Gimp photo editing software last month.  It would do anything I would ever need it to do.

HP Recommended

I re-read your response about Gimp.  You say you have it installed and have used it?

HP Recommended

Yes, I used it to crop a picture.

HP Recommended

Greeat - I gotta give it a try. Thanks

HP Recommended

Definitely give it a try.

It does more stuff than I would ever need it for.

I rarely edit photos, so it is not something I will ever become familar with using.

HP Recommended

I will only use it to resize and make an image background transparent - would also use it to crop but you never know when you may need to do something with an image that you weren't expecting to have to do, then the extra features would come in handy.  Only thing that concerns me about free software like this is how good the uninstall works but I guess that is pretty much a feature  of the OS, right?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.