Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving...

I was hoping you could locate a link to the manual for this computer:

HP Pavilion Desktop 570-p017c

I don't know what you type in to search to find these manuals but you have always come up with the right one. Hope you don't mind helping me on this 😀 P/N:  Z5M32AA#ABA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I did have a great Thanksgiving, and I hope you did as well.

I think we finished off all the left over turkey yesterday...turkey salad, turkey soup, you name it.  😊

Here is the link to the available user guides for your 570-p017c desktop PC...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514/model/15789096/...

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I did have a great Thanksgiving, and I hope you did as well.

I think we finished off all the left over turkey yesterday...turkey salad, turkey soup, you name it.  😊

Here is the link to the available user guides for your 570-p017c desktop PC...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514/model/15789096/...

HP Recommended

Perfect, thanks so much!!!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Always glad to be of assistance to you.

HP Recommended

I need your help with the computer that you just provided the link to the manual for me.  It's the HP Pavilion Desktop 570-p017c. 

P/N  Z5M32AA#aba

I bought this machine with a 2 year warranty and it lasted 2 years and 6 weeks (my luck) and then this morning the following happened when I turned it on:

It didn't boot to Windows and a blank screen with the following message:

" A fan is not operating correctly. Continued operation of the computer is not recommended by HP and might cause unpredictable behavior that can result in a shut down. 

CPU Fan (90B)

To prevent the shutdown press the Enter key now"

Note: I just turned off the power. I purchase this computer for my wife and she has noticed a very slight noise in the computer of late so I suppose the fan was head south at that point. 

The Computer is a nice little machine with 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM memory, 1 TB hard drive and the other specs are not too bad as well. 

I would really like to order a new CPU Fan for it directly from HP if possible to be sure it's the right one. Can you help finding my an HP part number for it and price and how I go about actually placing the order? Seems like they are not just too expensive and looks like it would be easy to remove the bad one and install the new one. We haven't had any other issues with the PC or error message or blue screens or anything like that. 

I know this is a lot to ask - hope you will help as time permits.

Would greatly appreciate your help. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the parts list for your PC.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=Z5M32AA

The CPU fan is not sold separately, but is sold along with a new heat sink.

HP does not sell the part, but here is a link where you can buy it from Walmart online.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/866177-001-Hp-Thermal-Module-570-P023W/331790959?wmlspartner=wmtlabs&adid...

It should be easy to replace.  You do not need to replace the heat sink.

Just unplug the fan wire from the motherboard, unscrew the bad fan from the heat sink, unscrew the fan from the new heat sink and install it on the heatsink in the PC, and plug the wire back into its connector on the motherboard.

Done and done.

HP Recommended

All that is so helpful - I saved everything to my favorites.  I also order the part from Walmart and it is to arrive on Dec. 19th.  I'll give you a heads-up once I get it installed and see if that fixes the problem. I probably wouldn't even spend that much ($23.00) but the problem message at start-up is so specific to the CPU Fan as being the problem. Thanks again for your help and going above and beyond with the help!!!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It's cheaper than buying a new PC and that one is newer than anything I own.  😊

HP Recommended

Hi Paul. 

Well I got the new CPU fan today - installed it and it booted right-up!  You helped save me over $500.00 because that was what I was expecting to have to spend for a good replacement machine.  Can't thank you enough - this was the end to a perfect day for me and my wife also because it was her computer.

Don't know how to thank you enough.  

Larry

HP Recommended

Anytime, Larry.

That is great news.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.