Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

How do you change the scratch disk location if you can no longer open Photoshop because of the problem? I've tried deleting all the Temp files, but still can't open.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HEllo @Prawnk 

I assume you are seeing a small window pop up before Photoshop launches giving you the scratch disk error, correct?

Open Photoshop and as soon as that window pops up, press and hold CTRL + ALT keys together until an option pops up giving you the choice to choose where to put the scratch disk (Scratch Disk Preferences).

If that doesn't work, you will need to contact Adobe's forum for further help.

HP Recommended

Hi @Photoray002

Thank you for responding. n Funny enough I just found out about the CTRK + ALT just after I posted, but that doesn't work either!! I get a pop up window giving me options, but it just freezes (Not Responding). I spent a lot of money on this laptop (HP Envy x360) but it's by far the worst I've ever had. I'm always having problems (mainly graphics). Ho hum!! 

HP Recommended

Which X360 is it? the product number is in the HP Support Assistant.

How long have you had it?

HP Recommended

It's the 15" one with the fold back screen. Chose a high end one with an I7 processor. Only bought it in December last year, so it's practically new.

Anyway, I managed to fix it yesterday. The only way I could find was to delete a couple of rarely used programmes to free up space on the C Drive. It's separate from the main drive, and not a partition, so couldn't increase it's size. Managed to then open Photoshop holding down the CTRL + Alt, then changed the location for the scratch disk. I also increase the RAM % allocation for good measure, but I don't know if that will make much difference.

I can see I'm going to have this problem in the future, as the C Drive is already up to 94% capacity, and I don't have many programmes installed on it. I suppose I'll just have to start installing the programmes on the D drive instead, which seems silly as that's not what it's there for. Oh well.

Many thanks for you help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.