Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assist informed me that i need to update the above driver but it appears to freeze at the installation stage

What should I do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @Heanic

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to install Realtek audio driver. Happy to help. 

May I know the model/product number of your computer?

If the installation is not responding. 

Recommend you to open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Uninstall the audio driver, delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart the computer couple times. 

Download the Realtek audio driver from Realtek website directly and install it. 

Also, if HPSA is not responding correctly, you can download and install the latest version of HPSA. Click here to know more. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @Heanic

I understand that you are unable to install Realtek audio driver. Happy to help. 

Recommend you to open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Also, if HPSA is not responding correctly, you can download and install the latest version of HPSA. Click here to know more. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with the Realtek Audio Driver, and had downloaded the recommended update a few times (at 274mb per time!) and was going to follow the directions given above, but a page with the option to test for latest update came up, so I did that and it said that I had the correct software for my computer. I'm no IT expert (far from it) but perhaps the update notice I received wasn't really relevant or necessary for my computer. It said that the device I had was working properly. Maybe that's why it wouldn't finish installing.

@Chimney_83 wrote:

Greetings @Heanic

Good Luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.