Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I recently set up third-party software updates in SCCM to be able to push out HP drivers and BIOS updates. When selecting the drivers and BIOS updates and publishing them I get errors on some of the updates.

The update downloads fine but then I get a hash fail:

SyncUpdate: 20004850-0000-0000-5350-000000084418 - Hash for downloaded content file does not match update 20004850-0000-0000-5350-000000084418 expected hash1. STATMSG: (SRVMSG_SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT_UPDATECONTENT_HASH_FAIL). SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT STATMSG: (SRVMSG_SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT_UPDATECONTENT_FAIL). SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT

Other updates download fine and I've been able to deploy them.

My understanding that that this means the file hash for the file being downloaded has changed since the third-party update was created in the catalog. The only fix for this is HP needs to correct/update the third-party update so the hash matches the latest file being downloaded.

Can this be updated?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@JakeSWTC Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

This isn't in regards to a specific piece of hardware but many of them.  SCCM pulls the information from:

https://hpia.hpcloud.hp.com/downloads/sccmcatalog/HpCatalogForSms.latest.cab

The hashes of the drivers and BIOS downloaded from there are not matching the updates.

HP Recommended

Any updates or workarounds? I'm having the same issue, I even tried importing all the certificates from the cab file to the site server.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately no, I've had no luck.  I'm currently exploring other ways to possibly deploy driver updates but haven't found a good solution yet.  Hopefully someone from HP will be able to help.

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster.  Can HP provide a helpful reply?  I've already tried re-synching the catalogs through HP and on my SCCM server.  But, when I try to publish the update I get the same error in the SMS_ISVUPDATE_SYNCAGENT log.  The update I'm trying to publish is sp99740.  I've also verified there are no blocked certificates in SCCM

HP Recommended

I tried this suggestion and it is working for me now:

After enable "Require SSL" in Software update point Properties.

Deleted all files under folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\ISVTemp"

then resynced and published the updates again.

that worked for me

There are a few updates still getting that hash error but I was able to download most of the ones that are required.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.