Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

OK.  Got it.  Well look in Device manger.  If there are no warnings or yellow triangles, try an external reader to see if that works.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

No warnings in device manager I think the device driver just isnt there

If I leave SD card in camera and plug into USB I can import photos but cannot use Photos App to delete and store them as I wish. I use a lot of photographs for my business so this isnt a solution for me. Its adding half an hour to my working day. (not good)

I have downloaded the realtek family controller driver download but this hasnt made any difference either

Where and what would the driver for the media card slot reader be named? 

HP Recommended

Using the camera as a card is a alternative for the card reader.  Curious as to why the Photo app does not recognize it.  Perhaps the problem is in the Photo app.  As I mentioned earlier, try an external media card reader, just for testing, to see what happens.

IDK if there would be a driver for the card reader other than what Windows provides, since it is a normal USB device.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.