Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15-di0000tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There are 2 issues with my laptop:

1. My laptop screen is auto scrolling in some intervals.

2. Laptop camera stops functioning for some seconds whenever I move a screen little bit.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ayush525 wrote:

There are 2 issues with my laptop:

1. My laptop screen is auto scrolling in some intervals.

Auto scrolling can occur with over sensitive mouse and it depends on the type of mouse.  If you use the mouse roller (wheel) to scroll and happen to press the "wheel" it will be stuck in the scroll function.  Accidently moving the mouse even slightly can cause the screen to scroll.  Something similar with touchpad scrolling.

2. Laptop camera stops functioning for some seconds whenever I move a screen little bit.

This is harmless and might be due to older hardware and design limitations.

You might try running the latest diagnostics and the latest support assistant and see if a driver update is available

This diagnostic was mod'ed by HP to verify webcam streaming is included in the latest hardware test

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp118001-118500/sp118348.exe

BeemerBiker_0-1661620812301.png

Latest support assistant supposidly

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp113501-114000/sp113820.exe

I was unable to find the latest camera driver.  Maybe the support assistant can look for it automatically

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

For Screen auto-scrolling you may try these two options:

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
1. Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
2. Change View by from Category to Small Icons.
3. Now click on Troubleshooting.
4. On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”.
5. Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Update or reinstall Touchpad Driver
1. Press the Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
2. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
You'll get the option to reinstall or update. Try either way to solve the issue.

For Screen issue:

The camera is connected using an internal USB cable in the laptop, which is somehow loose , and thus, when you move your laptop, it gets disconnected briefly, and then reconnected. It can be corrected by checking the internal ribbon cable if it's damaged.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.