Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All-in-one Pavilion 24
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need a driver for my PC, but when I try to submit the serial number, it was not recognized. The serial number printed at the bottom of the PC and serial number from the commad prompt was the same.

What should I do? since there is no other available sources to download HP driver. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
indeed, it does not seem to be referenced at HP
We find this model with the reference, on sales sites!

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-pc-24-xa0000i/23302609/product-info
It is possible that it is of this series, but the list is long, and I cannot compare, if not, you can use the drivers available here, but it will have to be sorted!
There is a simpler solution, until it can be fixed at hp, I will try to ask if they have any information!

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

Give me the product number P / N as shown below

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi,

here is the product ID written in the mottom of the PC:

HP Pavilion 24 All-in-One PC 

Product ID 4YR61AA#AR6 Model number 24-xa0076d 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello
indeed, it does not seem to be referenced at HP
We find this model with the reference, on sales sites!

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-pc-24-xa0000i/23302609/product-info
It is possible that it is of this series, but the list is long, and I cannot compare, if not, you can use the drivers available here, but it will have to be sorted!
There is a simpler solution, until it can be fixed at hp, I will try to ask if they have any information!

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks  for the link you provided. It was resourceful.

I was trying to find this link before but keep ended up to serial number page .

Anyway, after installing the drivers, I tried to update the windows as well. It seems that it solved the drivers issues and the PC goes normal now.   

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're welcome, I was able to help you

Thank you for this return

take care of yourself

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with a new Envy x360. The support page could not find either the serial number or the product number. I looked on both the laptop itself and the purchase receipt, where the product ID is different from what's written on the laptop. That is strange to start with, since I bought it directly from HP. And it's good that we can look up the drivers and such by model number, but that doesn't always work well either. When I tried the model number lookup (15 t-ed000) it showed the operating system as Android! The dropdown does have the correct Windows version as an option but it's nonsense to have it default to something that doesn't even exist.

The fact that we can eventually find what we need is not the the point. If HP's internal documentation generates nonexistent devices, gives two different product numbers for the same machine, and can't locate machines by the serial numbers which it assigns for the purpose of precise identification, something is wrong at the base of its system and needs to be fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.