Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-dh1026no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when clic HP Pc Hardware Diagnostics windows it says

Administrator Privileges Required

HpHwDiag cannot run without administrator privileges.
Please right click on HpHwDiag and select Run As Administrator.

i want to set it permanent to run as administrator,
cant find program so i cant set it.

used  computer for  30 years and  newer met  program that  cant be set  to run as  administrator,  this  should be  piece of  cake  not  something  has to spend  hours solving,

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
I went through the app I had on hand, but it must be the same
Right click on the file, properties, compatibility
simply tick the corresponding box, apply

Annotation 2020-08-11 174201.png

I am trying to find where it is installed
but it seems to me that it is an app, it may not be that simple!

[edit]

so we have to be cunning
the file is in windows apps

Annotation 2020-08-11 175320.png

grr, only it doesn't seem to work

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

You probably have to modify something else, because it is a particular program
After modifying the compatibility, if you run the program from the start menu, it indicates the same thing
It is impossible to launch it directly from the folder, it gives an error massage
It is necessary I suppose to modify the security options of the file.
But there is better to avoid I think, not sure that it works, and a risk of crashing everything
I hesitate to test on my computer there

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Not interested in hacking  anything, i cant  see  why HP has  made it this way so we  cant  just set  it  in its options.

So HP Please fix it.

HP Recommended

No, I do not recommend it!
I had found solutions, only that seemed to bring security flaws, in this case I did not indicate anything!
Also no guarantee that it works
This may not be the first Hp program that requires this, I do not know why we have to go through this!
But it would be necessary to give this idea in comment, I am not sure that to say it here, is useful !!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.