Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion b017a

Hello.   I have a Pavilion b017a and I would like to understand how to set up a second screen as a extended screen to my AIO.  I have seen suggestions that all I need is a HDMI cable from the port in the AIO to my new screen. Is this correct?  Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The spec support page for that model does seem to indicate there is a HDMI output on the back

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-24-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/11046865...

Indicated as #7 when you click on the "Back I/O ports"  category.  Assuming the model you have has that back panel layout.

I would assume, as you, that port and a HDMI cable will do what you expect.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.  I have read that certain AIO models only have an input only HDMI port.

If this is the case, then a HDMI cable won't do the trick.

I can't tell - from my research - if my AOI is in the category.

Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

The spec page Linked does not label whether it is output or input.  There is no harm done if you just try it.

If it does not provide an HDMI output, then you will need a USB to HDMI device.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Spoiler

Thanks for the rely. This does indeed work!

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Glad to have helped.

Please give Kudos and select as a solution.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.