Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Prodesk 480 G1 Microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've now been using my Prodesk 400 G1 for quite a while, however, I have come across an issue that I haven't actually noticed before, but had been happening the whole time I've had it.

Shared GPU memory.png

The photo on the right shows task manager. In the bottom half, despite me having an 8 Gigabyte Graphics Card, you can see that the BIOS has went and assigned half of my already small 8 Gigs of memory to the GPU. I checked the online guide and it talked of somewhere in the BIOS I could change this: Advanced> Device Options, and then it would be between controlling the integrated graphics and turning on or off the integrated speaker...

- "Integrated Graphics (Auto/Disable/Force) Use this option to manage integrated (UMA) graphics memory allocation. The value you choose is allocated permanently to graphics and is unavailable to the operating system. For example, if you set this value to 512M on a system with 2 GB of RAM, the system always allocates 512 MB for graphics and the other 1.5 GB for use by the BIOS and operating system. Default is Auto which sets memory allocation to 512 MB."

When I looked, this option wasn't there. I tried updating the BIOS (which was already on the latest version, v02.56) but this didn't help either. I also tried enabling and disabling the integrated graphics, but still no hope there. Does anybody have any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BT77414 

That report does not (and never) show dedicated video card info, it ONLY shows iGPU info. Upgrading BIOS won't fix this, it is from Windows.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BT77414 

That report does not (and never) show dedicated video card info, it ONLY shows iGPU info. Upgrading BIOS won't fix this, it is from Windows.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.