Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy - 750-514
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I put my computer in Sleep Mode any time that I finished with it.   Last nite in the middle of the nite, I heard my computer power up on its own.  When I checked on it, the power lite was on "on" and it was running.  I turned on the monitor to see what it was running but only got a blank screen saying no computer was connected.  In less than a minute from when I heard it power up, it went back into sleep mode with the power lite flashing.   I know it was in power mode before I heard it power up because I came by the computer room a few hours earlier and the power lite was flashing in the dark room.

Is this normal when a computer is in sleep mode and what was it doing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is pretty normal and probably not hurting anything, but if you're concerned about it and want to find out what's waking your computer (and then potentially disable it if possible/if you want), you can use the steps in this Lifehacker article: https://lifehacker.com/how-find-out-what-woke-up-your-computer-last-1550549116

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It is pretty normal and probably not hurting anything, but if you're concerned about it and want to find out what's waking your computer (and then potentially disable it if possible/if you want), you can use the steps in this Lifehacker article: https://lifehacker.com/how-find-out-what-woke-up-your-computer-last-1550549116

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.