Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
510-p026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The support assistant on my desktop shows that there are numerous updates available for my other devices. When I look on my other devices, they show " up to date ". How do I correct this ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mick1952
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's uninstall HP Support Assistant, and then install the latest version from the HP Support Assistant website:

1. Uninstall the HP Support Assistant using the following steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Change or remove a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click the Uninstall button.

Figure: Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
      NOTE: If HP Support Assistant is not listed or does not uninstall correctly, install the latest HP Support Assistant version without uninstalling the old version. After HP Support Assistant is installed and working, repeat the uninstall steps.
    3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure: Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen for an uninstall with Yes selected
    4. Restart the computer to complete the process.

2. When the uninstall process is complete, open a web browser, and go to the HP Support Assistant website.

Follow these steps to download HP Support Assistant:

1. Click Download HP Support Assistant.

Figure: HP Support Assistant website

HP Support Assistant webpage with Download HP Support Assistant selected
    2. When the download box displays at the bottom of the screen, click Save.

3. When the download completes, click Run, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

This might take a few minutes to complete.

4. When the installation completes, select Yes, then click Finish to restart the system.

When the system restarts, the HP Support Assistant  icon displays on the task bar.

5. Click the HP Support Assistant  icon to open the application.

If HP Support Assistant is working correctly, you are done.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.