Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G3 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With the most recent Windows update, I was prompted to update my TPM firmware. While my computer (HP ProDesk 400 G3 MT) wasn't in the list at https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05792935, I assumed the SoftPaq SP81900 would be applicable to my computer considering both HP ProDesk 400 G3 Desktop Mini PC and HP ProDesk 400 G3 Small Form Factor PC are connected to this SoftPaq. Anyhow, I downloaded https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81900.exe and following the instructions in the included PDF.

My TPM version is 12_6.40. I tried executing the TPM12_6.40.190.0_to_TPM12_6.43.243.0.BIN with TPMConfig64. It prompts the installer but when I reboot my system and go through the steps in BIOS I eventually reach a message that says "TPM firmware image is invalid". My only option then is to restart or press Esc. The same happens if I try to use TPM12_6.40.190.0_to_TPM20_7.62.3126.0.BIN instead. All other BIN files provided in the SoftPaq just return an error message.

I have also tried Clearing my TPM, which did not help. Am I using the wrong SoftPaq for my computer, or are there additional steps I have to take to ensure updating works as intended?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Boot into the BIOS and look under Security--->TPM embeded security.    The display screen will tell you which TPM hardware version that your PC has installed. You can also find this information by clicking on the Windows Defender icon on the task bar and then going to Device Security  ----> Security Processor Details.

Unpack the downloaded TPM update (I use 7-zip) and then examine and read thoroughly the .pdf document.  I have attached it for your convenience.

Clearing the TMP key without knowing what it is (having it written down on paper or stored somewhere) is big NO NO. Review this document.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I had exactly the same error as you on a newly Windows 10 installed EliteBook, but after letting Support Assistant update everything it needed, including a BIOS update, the TPM Update worked.

Hope that works for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.