Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au109ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The taskbar is present when I'm on the desktop screen but just disappears when I shift to using a window or a program, so to access the taskbar i have to minimise all the open windows and go back to the desktop screen for the taskbar to appear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Princess_Sara

OK..

When I have the Taskbar set to "disappear", it does reappear when I drag my mouse to it.

So:

Perhaps setting it to "not disappear" and then setting it back to the way you like, will jog it.

Shown here:

How to Fix the Windows Taskbar When It Refuses to Auto-Hide Correctly

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Princess_Sara

Set the Taskbar to "not disappear" when it is not in use:

Right-Click on the Taskbar > Settings  Settings_Wheel_2.JPG

OR

Windows key > Settings Settings_Wheel_2.JPG> Personalization

Next:

Set to Off :

Lock the Taskbar  Set_Off_icon_1.JPG

Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode  Set_Off_icon_1.JPG

Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode  Set_Off_icon_1.JPG

If you like, relock the Taskbar

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I dont want the taskbar to appear when I dont need it .... youu get what Im saying ya ... i just want it to appear when i drag the cursor to the bottom of the page ... like it should happen. 

HP Recommended

@Princess_Sara

OK..

When I have the Taskbar set to "disappear", it does reappear when I drag my mouse to it.

So:

Perhaps setting it to "not disappear" and then setting it back to the way you like, will jog it.

Shown here:

How to Fix the Windows Taskbar When It Refuses to Auto-Hide Correctly

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

You seem to have solved my issue. Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

@Princess_Sara

@Princess_Sara wrote:

You seem to have solved my issue. Thanks 🙂

Excellent news.

You are welcome, of course.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.