Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-e027c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

Microprocessor: AMD A9-9400 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G   (2.4GHZ)

System Memory: 8GB

Memory Slot 1: 8GB  Samsung 2400MHz

System Board: 8381 1000

System BIOS: F.20

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

My taskbar keeps breaking by not automatically hiding names when I move my mouse over them, and then moving the mouse away. You can look at the picture below to see what I'm talking about. 

I've been ending the Windows Explorer task with Task Manager, then the taskbar is normal again. Then just around a few hours later, the taskbar breaks again. This is very annoying since I have to go in Task Manager and end the Windows Explorer task very often. 

Help would be appreciated, thanks for reading!

2018.09.24-11.57_01.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ElijahHenry,

I am responding on behalf of @Riddle_Decipher as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when the computer was working fine. Follow the steps in the below article to perform a restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you install all the Windows updates including optional and test.

Here is how it is done.

1. Open the Settings menu and go to Update & security > Windows Update.
  2. Click Check for updates to prompt your PC to scan for the latest updates. The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
  3. Click Restart Now to restart your PC and complete the installation process.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ElijahHenry

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

Have you used the startup repair or the windows troubleshooter to fix this issue?

If you haven't attempted a startup repair to fix this issue, here's what you need to do:

• Use the power button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen or on the lower left corner of the start menu and click "Restart" while holding Shift.
  • This should bring up the diagnostics screen, in which you could select the following options: Troubleshoot >> Advanced options >> Startup Repair.

If the issue persists, Open an elevated command prompt by typing "command" on the search bar of your taskbar, select command prompt admin and use the below steps:

At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.

Note Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

• After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:

• Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

This means that you do not have any missing or corrupted system files.

• Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

To resolve this problem, perform the System File Checker scan in safe mode, and make sure that the PendingDeletes and PendingRenames folders exist under %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp.

• Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

To view the detail information about the system file scan and restoration, go to How to view details of the System File Checker process.

• Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

To repair the corrupted files manually, view details of the System File Checker process to find the corrupted file, and then manually replace the corrupted file with a known good copy of the file.

(The above link is from Microsoft and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried doing this, but it doesn't seem like anything worked.

image.pngimage.png

HP Recommended

@ElijahHenry,

I am responding on behalf of @Riddle_Decipher as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when the computer was working fine. Follow the steps in the below article to perform a restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you install all the Windows updates including optional and test.

Here is how it is done.

1. Open the Settings menu and go to Update & security > Windows Update.
  2. Click Check for updates to prompt your PC to scan for the latest updates. The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
  3. Click Restart Now to restart your PC and complete the installation process.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, this seemed to have worked, thank you!

HP Recommended

@ElijahHenry,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.