Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP t540 Thin Client (9MR34AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

I have just installed a new HP t540 Thin Client in an office environment. This system is replacing a previous small form factor PC. There are 3 computers connected through a KVM, using the KVM only for keyboard/mouse switching. Each computer is connected to their own monitors.

When I change inputs on the KVM from the HP thin client to any other system, all visible/open windows on the desktop go entirely transparent except for an outline where the window was, or sometimes they disappear all together. The desktop/icons/taskbar are all still visible. It is only the windows that clear/disappear. When I switch inputs back to this PC on the KVM, the windows become visible again.

I've never seen this happen and haven't been able to find any results on searches. How do I get this "feature" to stop? The thin client has Windows 10 IoT Enterprise and is using the HP Write Manager. I'm not sure if it is some security/privacy feature of the Write Manager or some feature in Windows 10 IoT that I haven't seen before. I just need it disabled/off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.