Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-q130na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought my all-in-one a couple of weeks ago and since going through the initial setup I  now have the option of logging on to two user names at the start screen, but I only used one to setup.  When I look in user accounts there is only one showing.  How can I resolve this so that I do nothave to log on each time I switch the pc on as I am the only user?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @JustinR1,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are looking for help with multiple logins on your Windows 10 installation. I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Give this a try and let me know if it helps: Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup - tenforums.com

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @JustinR1,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are looking for help with multiple logins on your Windows 10 installation. I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Give this a try and let me know if it helps: Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup - tenforums.com

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi Malygris,

It is not the option to not have password login, it is I have two logins at the start screen but I only want one, but everywhere I look, (having used various method available on the net), on registered users there is only one showing as being a registered user.  So, why do I get the option of two to login?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Justin 

HP Recommended

The method I gave would allow you to bypass that screen, by selecting your chosen login as the default.

However if you wish to eliminate the other account that appears, is the name some one that uses the computer or is it something more functional like administrator?

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Perhaps I did not explain properly, there is only one user showing in the users area and this is administrator and has had the method you have shown completed.  However, when I turn on the pc two user names appear both mine but in different formats.  One being a hotmail address and the other is the one I used when setting up the pc, the latter does not appear in the user list.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.