Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 23-do44, Touchscreen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can the "HID Compliant Touchscreen Driver" in Windows 10, be safely an Permanently  uninstalled in device manager?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@vpiPhillip, welcome back to the forum.

If you simply want to disable the Touchscreen, that can be done in the Device Manager, also: right click on the driver and select Disable.  This would save possible problems caused by deleting it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I really thank you for your response. I know how to disable the Touchsmart in Device Manager, and have taken that course of action. 

My computer screen was Cracked by a computer repair store. Resulting in the Touchsmart feature to make the mouse pointer respond uncontrolably.

When I disabled it, (Touchsmart) the computer is fine. My issue is when I use reinstall, reset, or use system recovery features, I find the HID has been renabled. Resulting in the mouse pointer issues, this makes it nearly impossible for me to complete the reinstall process. Not to mention that it is very annoying.

But again thank you very much!

VPI Phillip

HP Recommended

You are very welcome.  Thank you for the additional information. @vpiPhillip.

I suggest that you try uninstalling the driver for the Touchscreen.  It shouldn't cause any problems that can't be solved easily by reinstalling it.

PS - the repair store should fix your computer.  If you can prove that they damaged it, there are ways to make this happen.

HP Recommended

Hey again,

Took your advice and uninstalled the Driver, rebooted my system, and what do you know, it renabled itself. This thing has a mind of its own..

Back to the drawing board.

Thanks again,

Phillip

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @vpiPhillip.

Now, since the driver has been regenerated, you should go into the Device Manager and Disable it.  It may stay Disabled when you boot.

HP Recommended

Hey,

Followed your advice, I does stay disabled when I reboot. My issue is I need it stay disabled when I reinstall Windows 10.

Thanks again!

Phillip

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @vpiPhillip.

I believe your best option is to replace the screen since it is causing your problem.  I would try HP Partsurfer to see if it is available.  There are videos online to help you with the replacement.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm another hp user, and I uninstalled my HID driver for touchscreen and I might have deleted it. How do I get it back?!?!? Please help.

HP Recommended

How do you reinstall the HID Compliant Touchscreen Driver?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.